VR-TruVision™ is our system for experiencing real track action, whilst being in a race simulator. Approaching a corner in the simulator is just like in real life. With HelmetVR your simulator training will be even more realistic!
HelmetVR uses the well known and award winning Oculus Rift VR headset and tracking system.
Oculus is the leader in creating cutting edge Virtual Reality experiences thru their VR headsets.
A HelmetVR makes use of the quality and technology of Oculus and enhances this for the use of SimRacing. Ideal for true race training, Ultimate SimRoom experiences and enthusiast home SimRacers.
HelmetVR is made with the best materials and parts available to ensure the highest possible quality and ergonomics. Therefor ARAI GP series car race helmets are used.
Arai has been at the forefront of car racing for many decades and to date, many of the world’s top drivers competing in all 4-wheel racing disciplines from Formula 1 to WTCC wear their helmets.
HelmetVR actionFormulaVR, HelmetVR
HelmetVR Testing 3/4
HelmetVR Testing 3/4FormulaVR, HelmetVR
HelmetVR testing Front
HelmetVR testing FrontFormulaVR, HelmetVR
HelmetVR right side
HelmetVR right sideHelmetVR
Helmet left side
Helmet left sideHelmetVR
HelmetVR main movie
HelmetVR main movieFormulaVR, HelmetVR, Video
HelmetVR videoFormulaVR, HelmetVR, Video
FormulaVR_HelmetVR_trailerFormulaVR, HelmetVR, Video
The recommended HelmetVR system specifications are:
• GPU (graphics card):
o NVIDIA GTX 970 or AMD R9 290 equivalents or greater
o HDMI 1.3 video output (directly on your graphics card) is required
o SLI isn’t supported; at least one GPU must individually meet these specifications
o Current public GPU driver—a recent driver is required (Update Your Graphics Card Driver)
• CPU (processor): Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
• RAM (memory): 8GB+ RAM
• USB: At least two (2x) USB 3.0 ports—three (3x) total available USB ports are required
o A third USB 3.0 port will be required for the Oculus Touch controllers when released, for a total of four (4x) available USB ports
• OS: Windows 7 64-bit, Service Pack 1 or newer is required
• HD (disk space): 4GB+ free space
• The headset has been engineered to certain standards so you can take the future of VR into your home. We believe you’ll have a great experience with a supported computer. While some unsupported systems may still let you complete headset setup, key aspects of the headset experience—such as responsiveness and resolution—may be diminished.
ADVISE: HelmetVR is not optimized for wearing glasses. Glasses need to go thru the head opening. Using lenses would be a good alternative.